Skip to main content

The Best Marinated BBQ Chicken Caesar Salad with Homemade dressing


Chicken marinated, grilled then paired with a delicious Caesar salad with homemade dressing.


The weather finally seems to be making a turn on the positive side, I couldn't be more thrilled. Come on sunshine. In honor of the nicer weather I want to grill everything possible. I think I go BBQ overboard at the beginning of the warm weather every year, but who can blame me? The winter is long. I actually made marinaded chicken and Jay grilled it up last week and it was magic. So good. I have since been dreaming of making a really delicious grilled chicken Caesar salad with it. Which is exactly what i'm here to do! 

This is actually going to be a two part recipe 1st the marinade second the Caesar salad dressing, because homemade = much much better.



To make your chicken marinade you will need 1 shallot minced, 1-2 cloves of garlic minced, 2 tbsp honey, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce (i'm using Sweet Baby Ray's), 1/4 cup of Italian salad dressing, salt & pepper, 1 tsp Montreal Steak Spice and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Add everything to a medium bowl and mix well. 

Cut your chicken in half horizontally and season well with salt and pepper.  


Add your chicken to a zip top bag or a dish and cover with the marinade. Make sure you coat the chicken well by massaging the bag or flipping until all the chicken is coated. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 3 hours - overnight. The longer the better. I did mine first thing in the morning the day we cooked it. 

I prefer using a large zip top bag for marinating, as it takes up less room in the fridge but I ran out.





I like to coat the chicken with a BBQ sauce mix while the chicken is cooking. It super easy to throw together. My favourite sauce mixture is about a 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's), 1 tbsp honey mustard and 1 tsp of Montreal Steak Spice. Mix well and put on the chicken with a pastry brush while grilling. Trust me on this one.



I had Jay BBQ the chicken because to be honest he's a very good at BBQing and also our grill may or may not be making a terrifying hissing noise when it's on. While cooking try not to flip your chicken too much, over flipping or even moving meat too much while it's cooking will result in a dry end product. Once the chicken was done we let it rest for about 5 minutes and sliced up and served on top our Caesar salad. You can eat the chicken on it's own, or even use it to make BBQ chicken naan bread pizza ðŸ˜‰.

Here is the full printable recipe for my BBQ Chicken Marinade

Now if you chose to make my delicious chicken with a Caesar salad you made a good call.
To make your homemade dressing you will need to grab yourself a medium bowl.

Add 2-3 garlic cloves, 3 anchovy fillets - minced, the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tsp of Dijon mustard, and about 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. You can also add everything to a blender such as a Bullet or ninja and mince it all together. Once its well mixed add 1 cup of mayonnaise to the bowl, season with salt and pepper and add about 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Give everything a good mix, taste and adjust seasonings. Add your dressing to a container, a mason jar with a lid or like me a squeeze bottle. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before eating but can be kept in the fridge for a week or so. 



Here is the full printable recipe for my Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing.

To put it all together add clean chopped romaine lettuce, chopped up bacon (please don't use facon, get it fake-bacon hehe), croutons, fresh Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper. Add your dressing and toss. 

Serve it together with your chicken sliced on top, and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Jack Astor's Bruschetta

  If you guys haven't had the privilege of trying this bruschetta or a version of it then you NEED to make this. Not to toot my own horn but its delicious. I might have beat Jack Astor's at their own game. Picking a favourite recipe out of all my recipes would be like picking a favourite child. But this would be top 3 for me for sure.    You will need a balsamic glaze (reduction) for this recipe. You can buy it (I do) or you can make your own by simply adding a good quality balsamic vinegar to a pot and simmering until the vinegar has reduced by 1/2 or 3/4. Add sweetener of your choice like honey, brown sugar, etc. I use this one.  To start lets make an Aioli (lemony, garlicy mayo). Add 1 cup mayo to a medium sized bowl, squeeze the juice of half a lemon into mayo. Add a good amount of fresh cracked black pepper and 3 cloves of minced garlic. Mix well and place in the fridge until your bruschetta is done. I like to put mine in a squeeze bottle to make it easier to put i

Homemade Chicken Soup

Well it's been a week and a half and I'm still sick...everyone around me is sick too. So far food wise I've tried beef bone broth and one night desperate for some summer in my life thinking it would revive me, I sent Jay outside to chip the ice off the barbecue so I could grill steak.  Obviously food doesn't heal you, or maybe it does...what do I know. But I think it's okay to try. For example chicken soup, delicious and comforting, probably won't magically make your cold go away but, it will make me feel better while I'm eating it. To start your soup you will need a whole roasted chicken, or a whole chicken carcass. I made roast chicken last night for dinner, knowing we would only eat the breasts and I would be making soup today I cooked the chicken until the breasts were cooked, so the legs were still a bit underdone. Take either your whole chicken or the carcass and add to a large pot. Fill the pot with water to just cover the chicken. If you'r